Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Monday, February 7, 2011

I made cake pops for the 1st time

I am addicted to food blogs and they are all writing about making cake pops.I guess they are some big foodie trend. I decided to make some for Valentines day.

So you make a cake I used a white box cake mix. let it cool then crumble it up. ( I should have crumbled more)


Add 3/4 a tub of frosting again I used white. I used too much I used the whole thing opps

So I forgot to get a styrafom block to put the sticks in while the chocolate got hard. So mark found me some of this thin stuff .....DID NOT WORK ha ha


So my next idea was to cut holes in these boxes and put the cake pops in, but I made them too big and they were top heavy so that didnt work either.



I put together my own double broiler I am inventive!


I did find this but it wasnt going to hold many of them so I didnt bother.


I found these sprinkles at the Dutch Country Store in Bloomfield (I love that place)


And these were too cute to pass up at Wally World


Here is the one first one I did and you can see I didnt tap off enough of the chocolate it ran down the stick. They turned out really pretty though.


And here they all are all finished.



I tried to take a pic of the middle but it didnt turn out well. But let me tell you these are sooooo tasty and easy to do.


Here are some of the supplies I got, I put them all in those cute V-day bags.


4 comments:

tabby said...

yum! I have been wanting to try those, you did a good job!

Fuller said...

you are the baking queen!

Jill said...

thanks! Fuller if you are around thursday I will bring you one to the shop I am getting my hair did

Angela said...

Yessssss... those DO look rather yummy! I could have one or twelve.