Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

SUMMER ROLLS!

I used to work at Thai Moon in Cedar Rapids while going to Kirkwood. I have nothing but great things to say about that resturant I still go back whenever I am in town. While there I tried summer rolls for the first time. I had to know how to make them so I learned on my own.




I picked up these rice sticks an important ingrediant. They have a noddlie taste hey are translucent which can be disturbing to some.

Rice paper!! Put in boiling water and it becomes translucent and a little sticky. pretty much no taste to it.

Fill rice paper with the rice stick eggs shrimp and lettuce. You can mix it up and pt different things in it but i love them this way. They taste soooo good!
I didnt learn how to make the sauce that Thai Moon makes so I improvised andit goes well. Thousand Island and Siracha (i love siracha!)


Not the best wrapping job but it doesnt matter because they get eaten so fast.
The final product

No comments: